MAUI SUNRIDERS NEW OPERATING PROCEDURES
Now, more than ever, we want to help and encourage you to enjoy our downhill bike ride with total peace of mind, as well as with all our road bike, mountain bike, and cruiser rentals. We want to reassure our guests that we are following guidelines recommended by Hawaii State & the Center for Disease Control for protective measures against COVID-19. The health and safety of our passengers and staff are our top priority.
MSBC Covid-19 Safety and Prevention Measures:
It is mandatory for all guests to wear a mask inside our bike shop, inside our vans & during your bike fitting. If a guest has forgotten their mask, one will be provided by our team. Our team will always be wearing a mask.
Bike Tour van capacity will be reduced to 70% to ensure additional safety. Inside the bike shop guests will need to keep 6ft. distance from one another and we will be limiting the amount of guests in the shop at a time. Drivers will assist customers when assistance is needed with their bikes & helmets.
There is hand sanitizer available for passengers in the bike shop and inside the vans. At our shop we also have a sink for guests to wash their hands. Our team will be sanitizing their hands frequently.
All of the gear at MSBC will be thoroughly disinfected with EPA certified cleaners after every use. Clothes & gloves will be cleaned after each use. All gear is distributed first in – first out . All bikes will be thoroughly disinfected.
Drivers will disinfect the vehicle in between every service by wiping down door handles, seatbelts, armrests, window buttons and other areas with EPA certified cleaners.
The AC will be set to bring clear air into the vehicle, not on the re-cycle mode.
Is This Tour Safe With Covid-19?
In general, this tour is low risk and safe from Covid-19 as it is an outdoor activity and it is self-guided. Once we get you up to 6500 feet to start your bike ride, you will be on your own enjoying the day at your pace without other guests around.
Part of your activity will be coming into our bike shop, using our rental equipment as well as being in our tour van for 45 minutes to drive up the volcano.
Here is our list of new protocols we have put in place for everyones safety:
- Requiring guests and employees to wear masks when in our shop, in our vans & during your bike fitting.
- Requiring guests and employees to practice social distancing whenever possible.
- Requiring all guests and employees to complete our Covid Self Certify as well as a temperature check upon entry.
- Reducing tour van capacity to 60% – (8 guests or less.)
- Reducing the amount of guests in our shop to 10 people including our employees.
- Offering hand sanitzer in our shop and in our vans.
- Extra deep cleaning of our vehicles and all touch points, surfaces in our shop.
- 3 Day Quarantine and Extra deep sanitization and/or washing of bikes, helmets, backpacks, rain gear & gloves.
- Offering discounts for Private Group Tours
- Offering electronic payment solutions for contact less gratuities.
Cancellations & Refunds
Our cancellation policy: For a full refund you must notify us with a full 48 hours notice before your ride date.
Can I Book a Private Tour?
Do I Have to Book in Advance?
How do I Leave a Tip?
What if I Can't Wear a Mask For Medical Reasons?
How Can I Help Keep Hawaii Safe?
The best way you can help keep our islands safe is to avoid contact with others if you are not feeling well. If you have been in contact with someone who wasn’t feeling well, self-isolate. If any of the above applies to you, please call us right away to cancel your tour.
Also, we please ask you to follow our Covid-19 safety protocols.